Code of Conduct
Version 1.0 / 1 August 2023
At Arbolus, our mission is to reinvent the expert network industry by placing technology at the forefront of knowledge-sharing. We want to make human knowledge digital. To achieve this goal, we have established a robust set of standards that safeguard the interests of all stakeholders involved. Our Code of Conduct outlines the expectations for our Experts in their interactions with us, our clients and third parties. It works in conjunction with the obligations and responsibilities accepted through the Platform Agreement and the Engagement Agreement and we may terminate our engagement with you if you do not follow them. Arbolus is resolute in maintaining a professional and respectful environment for everyone involved.
● You will not provide us or our clients with any material nonpublic information (MNPI) about any company. If you are uncertain whether certain information may be considered MNPI, you will not disclose that information and seek guidance before proceeding further.
● When engaging with us or our clients, you will not breach any duty of confidentiality or trust owed to third parties, including current and former employers. To the best of your knowledge, no one else has breached any duty of confidentiality or trust by providing you with information you will discuss as part of your engagement.
● Under no circumstances should you accept an engagement if it creates an actual or potential conflict of interest. You shall disclose to us, in advance of your engagement where possible, if you hold a current stakeholder position or have a financial interest in any of the companies identified in the project brief or discussed during your engagement.
● You are aware of your obligations under your employment agreement, employer's code of ethics, or other code of conduct you are subject to. You commit to complying with all the applicable obligations and duties, ensuring that your engagement with us and our clients does not result in a breach.
● You must not discuss with any third party the identities of our clients or share any information you have acquired in connection with your engagement. This includes sharing any such information on social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter or Threads). You do not trade or use such information for any personal or professional reasons.
● You must comply with all applicable laws (including data protection laws) and not encourage, assist or collude in any unlawful conduct. If you come across any compliance issues during your engagement with us or our clients, you will immediately inform our Compliance Team of the situation.
● You must only share with us and our clients your own ideas, insights and thoughts based on your knowledge and expertise and must not plagiarise or represent someone else’s ideas, insights and thoughts as your own during your engagement with us and our clients.
● You shall only present third party information where appropriate authorisation has been provided to you. You must not infringe any intellectual property rights (e.g., patents, trademarks, copy right, industrial design rights, trade secrets, etc.) of any third party.
Bribery and Corruption
● You are aware of your responsibilities under the applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws. You have not made any payments to individuals employed by or affiliated with the companies discussed during your engagement.
Honesty and Transparency
● You must act honestly and provide precise and up-to-date information about your qualifications, work experience, affiliations and achievements. You should update this information whenever there are any changes.
● You must not misrepresent your background or identity, engage in any intentional misleading or deceptive practices towards us or our clients, including by creating inauthentic or duplicative profiles.
● You shall only accept opportunities that are within your areas of expertise and experience. You recognise that engaging in projects where sought experience or expertise is lacking may compromise the quality of service we provide.
Professionalism and Integrity
● You shall exhibit professional and personal integrity and must not behave to our staff or clients in a manner that could be considered hostile, aggressive, abusive or that might constitute discrimination or harassment, or is otherwise inappropriate.
Version 1.0 / 1 August 2023